Translate

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Hi

I thought I'd take a moment to introduce myself and let you know a little about what I plan to write.

My name is Scarlett and I am just a woman/girl.  (Still unsure if I belong entirely in one category or the other.)  I grew up in the country and that is always where my heart will remain.  I say I grew up...I'm not sure I every really grew up, or ever will.  If you stick with me, you'll find I'm very much a child and utterly ridiculous.  I received my undergraduate degree in 2009 and then I went on to law school and graduated in 2012. 

Now "I'm just a girl in the world" trying to figure this life out.  

Go ahead you know you're singing it already...Where are my No Doubt fans?

Seriously though, I'm just trying to choose a direction.  Everyday, making decisions, all of which are guiding me in one direction or another. 

My problem solving style is tackle the problem head on, like a bull charging a matador.  Sometimes however, that matador vaporizes and suddenly this bull is in a china shop.  So now this bull is trying to learn some lessons in delicacy and grace.   And then sometimes I just have to say to hell with it, pour a glass of wine and watch Mulan and start again the next day.

As most people know, you have a few good FRIENDS and lots of good ACQUAINTANCES.  I am no exception, though I thought I was for years.  (I'm special...as in sometimes I think I'm so special life is what I want it to be rather than what it actually is.)  But now I recognize my friends and they too are all strong, intelligent, strong minded women who are constantly busting their butts to make their way in this world.  They are also trying to choose their direction and we are walking (sometimes stumbling) down this road together.  

I know there are lots more strong, intelligent people out there who I am not close to or acquainted with.  I hope in this blog to reach out to those people and to have them reach out to me. I want to create dialogues that are meant to encourage and uplift us.  And along the way I will share some of the absolutely ridiculous things that happen in my life.  Hopefully I will find that I am not alone.  That I am not crazy and that there are other people out there who are "not normal" right along with me and totally ok with it.  

I encourage comments and discussion and am open to suggestions for topics. :-)

Thanks for hanging out with me!

- Scarlett



1 comment:

  1. You go GrassHopper! I think this will be interesting/scary. But, I totally get the need to talk it out even if there is no one sitting there with you.

    ReplyDelete