Translate

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

It's Nap-O'clock!!

So this challenge thingy asks what is my favorite hour of the day?

What kind of question is that?

Since I am, who I am, there is no simple answer to this question.

The first thing that come to mind is the twilight hour and the answer because it is simply beautiful where I live.  (Cheating I know because that is actually two hours out of the day.)  Sunset and sun rise are beautiful here, especially around harvest season when all the dust in the hair reflects the sunlight.

No matter what I'm doing at sunset and, if I'm awake, at sunrise I usually take a moment to stop and appreciate it.  So to answer the question in terms of my favorite hour of the day that actually happens every day, the twilight hour is my favorite.

But let's talk about the hours of the day I don't like.

I'm a GREAT morning person.  Ask my mom.  I spent over 18 years being the first and probably the most annoying thing she heard every morning, first thing.  I lived at home for most of my undergraduate career and I was often up way before the rest of the family on the weekends.  I used that time to do my reading for my classes for the next week.  Well this gave me a couple hours to think about all of these wonderful things that I couldn't wait to talk to my mom about.  The only problem is that she wasn't ready to talk about them until she'd had some coffee.

What we really should have done is put the coffee pot in her bedroom so that way she could wake up and make her coffee with out me intercepting her while she was en route.

I'm also a GREAT night owl.  Most of my domestic duties happen late at night.  Only in the late night hours do I actually get the Urge to clean and do laundry and cook and be SUPER productive.  I can be a complete bum until 9 or 10 at night and then all of a sudden I'm up and working and getting stuff done.  It's really weird.

But I am a TERRIBLE middle-of-the-day person.  I mean I am absolutely worthless from like 2:30-4pm.  It's all I can do to keep my eyes open and with out exercising some extreme self discipline I won't get a single thing done.  So obviously it takes a lot of self discipline to get things done at work, which requires that I work during that terrible time of the day.  But it is not fun.  I firmly believe that those hours of the day should be set aside, publicly, for nap time.  Like everything should close.  The courthouses should close during those hours and then stay open till say 7.  I could make that work for sure.  That's actually my dream, to be able to schedule my work around a nap every day.

So my real favorite hour of the day is the one in which I'm napping, that just doesn't happen every day.  Actually it rarely happens at all.  It's kind of depressing because every Friday I get very very excited.  I think to myself "Yes!! Tomorrow morning I'm going to get up early and get a bunch of stuff done in the morning and then I'm going to take a nap!!"  Yeah, that NEVER happens.  I get up early, get really productive and then I just can't stop!! Next thing I know it's dinner time and I'm feeling productive to do house work.

Woe is me that I can't even fit in a nap on the weekends. :-(

Hope your attempts at napping are better than mine!

 - Scarlett

No comments:

Post a Comment