Translate

Monday, November 18, 2013

Laundry and Hiccups

The blog challenge I'm participating in has prompts for the days of the week.  Today it asks me to discuss a blog post I never published.

Doesn't exist.  I can see how that might be something to talk about for some people but for me it's pointless.  So I'm skipping it.

My shining accomplishments for the day are as follows: All of the clothes I have on are clean.  I am clean. I brushed my teeth and my hair this morning.  The End.

It is also time for my yearly round of hiccups.  Seriously, this sucks.  I only get the hiccups once every year or so, but I get them bad.  I'll have them on and off all day for two days.  So here's to the next two days of not being able to breath normally, chest pains, and being the source of comedy for everyone who works around me.

I thought I published a post from my phone late Saturday night but apparently it didn't go through.  Oh well.  As exhausted as I was I'm not surprised.

So here's an update on my move.  Pretty much all of my stuff is out of the old house and into the new house.  The only things that are left at the old pace are my coats, and silverware and some very random pots and pans.  And trash.  It's hard for me to really care, but I do like to leave a place nicer than I found it.  Not really setting the standards high on that part but it is what it is.

For the past couple days I've been playing a game called "Where is my______?"  It's not  a very fun game.

Also my house is still under some construction.  When I pulled up with the Uhaul on Saturday, my toilet was sitting in the bathtub.  My land lord was redoing the floors in the bathroom and had rebuilt one wall that he was dissatisfied with.  But he promised to fix it for me before the night was over.  They were at my house until 4 am, but when they left I had a toilet that was fully functional.

I spent most of that evening just trying to find basic things...like my toothbrush.

When I finally got to bed I was OUT.  It was probably 4:30 am when I got in bed, maybe closer to 5.  I woke up at 9 am to let the dogs out.  I scrounged around in some boxes, thinking maybe I had the motivation to get back at it.  I found a couple cliff bars that I munched on.  But the facts were that I didn't have my coffee pot and with out coffee or tea, it just wasn't going to happen.  So I just went and got back in bed!

At around noon, my land lord sent me a text to ask if I was awake and then knocked on the door with a wonderful plate of food and a Dr. Pepper.  The small town I live next to had their Turkey Festival this past weekend.  It's a huge event that supports the high school band.  He had brought me a plate with turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, a roll, green beans, yams, and a piece of cake.  It was delicious and so awesome because I was getting tired of eating cliff bars.

After that the guys all came over and started working again.  In addition to the work in the bathroom, they were also working on the bedroom.  They had hung new sheet rock last weekend and had started applying mud to the seams.  This weekend they put a few more layers of mud on and then blew on the texture.  So technically it is all done.  I just have to wait for it to all dry and then clean the floor and then I can move my bed and stuff into the bedroom.

I also did a few loads of laundry last night.  Now that might not sound terribly epic, but that is the first time I have done laundry in my own home for over two years now.  I've been going to the laundry mat, which I despise.  I also discovered fabric softener and I have to say I am in LOVE.  I was pulling my jeans out of the dryer and couldn't help but notice how wonderfully soft they were!

This is the highlight of my life at the moment.  Sad??

I did finally find the box where I had packed up all my make up, which was absolutely necessary for me to go to work today.  I guess I hadn't really looked in a mirror all weekend.  I had been showering at various friends houses and of course had no make up on and didn't even really brush my hair.  Just after the shower I ran my fingers through my hair and let it air dry.

I sat down on the floor in front of a mirror today (yes on the floor because the mirror has not been hung yet) and man oh man....there is not enough concealer in the world to hide the circles under my eyes right now.  It's pretty terrible.  I found my dryer and hair brushes.  I managed to make my bangs look somewhat acceptable and threw the rest of my hair into a pony tail.  I applied as much concealer as I could to my eyes as possible and got dressed.

So my accomplishments might not seem like much to some people but I am proud that I have made it even this far.  Here's to unpacking the rest of my stuff this week!!

 - Scarlett 

3 comments:

  1. Clean clothes are always an accomplishment around my house. Good luck unpacking

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deep breaths. Whatever you have on the schedule that does not pertain to you...cancel it. Get your new house settled. Then go clean up the old one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know about the hiccup thing. Just weird. Only you and flower?

    ReplyDelete