Translate

Friday, November 1, 2013

Bad News

Ok I apologize for my absence.   It's been a crazy couple of weeks.

I have a ton of new things to tell you and write about but this little nugget just came to me yesterday.

Yesterday I got some really bad news.  Not life altering.  But bad news.  I found out that I failed a MAJOR exam that I took in July.  This is the exam that I must pass to become licensed in my field of study to practice.  And I did not pass.

It hurts to write it but it is a fact. And it sucks.  But after talking to my mom and my bosses and lots of friends, I've got a grip on it and it's game on.  My life was pretty much in total chaos the first time I took the exam.  A lot of it was of course my fault and a lot of it was work.  Not making excuses, just laying out the facts.

The point is I've spent the past 24 hours going over my life with a microscope and I know exactly what I have to do to make sure this bad news never comes again.  I have already started the process to reapply for the test and I am about to streamline my life like no other.  I have already cut out a lot of people and will spend most of the weekend cutting out a lot of things from my life.  I'm getting ready to move to a new place that is much closer to work and so far out in the country I won't be able to waste time on Netflix or Facebook.  And I really couldn't be more pleased about that. I don't, nor will I, have cable TV.  As a matter of fact it could be some time before I have a TV at all.

When I move all of the clutter in my life will be left behind and all I'll have time for is work and studying. No distractions. No excuses.  I know I should have been more prepared the first time but frankly I deserved to get bit in the ass on this one and that's exactly what I got.  I reaped exactly what I put into it and that's not going to happen again.

I can't wait to start this next chapter of my life and I'm glad that you guys are coming with me.

In other news, I've decided to sign up for a blogging challenge for the month of November...so there will be more posts and I expect to see more people than Crossroad Farm commenting!!

Loves and Hugs and Keep your chin up.  Life sucks sometimes but look at the big picture.  The people I love most are still alive, I'm alive and healthy. And this is a BRAND NEW MONTH.  Let's rock it.

 - Scarlett

2 comments:

  1. It's okay Little GrassHopper! You have always had a love affair with learning things the hard way. I may know where you got that. I may also know from experience that you can let it go.

    Does it help if I comment anonymously?

    ReplyDelete