Translate

Friday, November 15, 2013

What Would Life Be Like...?

What would my life be like if I didn't procrastinate?

My daily blogging challenge asks if I could change one thing about myself instantly, what would it be?

Hands down, didn't even have to think about it, I would change the fact that I am a procrastinator.  It's not always in an extreme way, but I do procrastinate in varying degrees in most areas of my life.

I procrastinate on laundry.  I procrastinate on studying.  I procrastinate on cooking ( a little less on this one because I can't function if I have not eaten).  I procrastinate on writing my blog if it's something I don't want to write about.  I procrastinate on all kinds of stuff.  Pretty much the only thing I don't procrastinate on is my car maintenance and that's because I need that ole' bird in tip top shape for my job.

Current example.  I have procrastinated on packing.  I've been getting a little done here and there but now we are in the final crunch time.  I am moving tomorrow.  People are showing up at my house at 8 am.  I'd say a good 50% of my stuff isn't pack.  I'm not 100% sure on that number though, I'll have to count boxes tomorrow and let you know.

So now, instead of getting any sleep at all tonight like I want, I'll probably be pulling an all nighter just so I can have everything ready to rock and roll in the AM.

If I had been more diligent about packing all week instead of procrastinating, This would not be a problem.   All I'd have to pack up tonight would be animal stuff and the few toiletries that I needed to use today and that would be it.

But Noooooooo, why on earth would I want to make my own life that easy.... :-(

So here's to happy packing and a purging spirit, that I may throw away more things than I will pack.

 - Scarlett

No comments:

Post a Comment